Wireless AC Current Sensor – Amp Clamp
Leap Sensors are specially designed to be customized. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Overview of the Amp Clamp Wireless Sensor
Amp clamps are a powerful industrial tool to monitor power usage and to monitor equipment for conditions that predict impending failures. A change in AC current to industrial equipment can be an early warning check the equipment and plan downtime to prevent failures during production.
Amp Clamp Sensor Specification
- Monitors 1 wire (one phase) of the electrical current going to a wire.
- Typically supplied with an AcuAmp ACTXXXX-10. See datasheet.
- Can integrate with any 4-20 mA, 0-5V, or 0-10V output amp clamp.
- Split core for easy installation. Clamp opens, then snaps shut around the wire.
- Configurable up to maximum current readings from 2 to 2000 amps.
- End user is responsible for proper installation.
- Amp clamp rated from -20C to 50C.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transmitter Specifications
- Transmission Distance to a gateway – typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Battery Life – 5 to 10 years in typical applications.
- Different enclosures are available to balance battery size and battery life.
- Rugged Sensor Enclosure
- Sealed all-metal enclosure with mounting flanges. 2.44 x 1.33 x 4.73 inches
- Sensor Mounting Options
- Screw mount flanges standard.
- Magnetic mount – optional.
- High Operating Temperature – Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- *Amp clamp is limited to -20C to 50C.
- 2-way Communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgement to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor Data Logging – When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the Leap Sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable Industrial Over the Air Radio Communication
- Industry standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “hand-shake” acknowledgements of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over the Air Protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data Security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
- One gateways support 250 sensors that are in-range. Additional gateways can extend the sensor coverage.
- Battery – user-replaceable 3.6V battery.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
See the Leap Sensors gateway products web page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options web page for more detailed information.
Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit their data to a gateway*. This gateway can support over 250 sensors. The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
High-Value Features Unique to the Leap Wireless Sensor Product Line
These sensors are a true leap advancement in IoT industrial wireless sensing.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Critical motor monitoring
- HVAC wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Blower wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Conveyor wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Grinder wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Motor predictive maintenance wireless sensor