Leap Sensors are specially designed to easily adapt to your specific needs. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
9-RTD Wireless Temperature Sensor Specifications
- Low mass: Utilizes Omega Class A F Series sensor.
- Thin-film DIN Class A.
- Size: 2.3 x 2.1 x 0.9 (thick) mm.
- Rated for temperatures between -50 and 500°C (-58 to 432°F). However, Class A accuracy is assured between -30 to 300°C (-22 to 572°F).
- 3-wire RTD: the sensor utilizes a 3-wire configuration to the RTD sensors. The electronics measure and compensate for changes in wire resistance over temperature changes.
- Long cable lengths to sensors: The 3-wire RTD temperature sensor design facilitates long cable lengths to the sensors (if needed) while maintaining temperature accuracy.
- Temperature accuracy:
- Contact us for application-specific estimates on accuracy.
- Typical: +/- 0.4C from 25C to 120C.
- High-accuracy version: +/- 0.1C, or better (over specified temperature span) is available. Contact us for details.
- Other RTDs can be connected to this board. Contact us for more information.
Sensor Electronics and Battery
- Electronics operating temperature:
- Standard operating temperature: Battery and electronics can operate up to 125C. (Contact us for higher operating range.)
- Additional on-circuit-board temperature sensor – optional
- 3-Wire RTD – electronics measure wire resistance to the sensor and compensate for changes in wire resistance over temperature to maintain accuracy over a wide temperature range.
- Fast temperature sampling time interval:
- Fastest sampling rate for 9-RTD temperature sensors – all 9 sensors every 3 seconds.
- Data is typically data-logged with a time stamp on the sensor, then transmitted every 15 to 30 seconds.
- Sampling as slow as one sensor reading per day.
- Data logging: Sensor will act as a data logger when gateway is not in range, storing up to 10,000 time-stamped readings on board. See details below.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Transmission distance to a gateway – typically 200 feet in open air. The sensor transmitter antenna is on the circuit board.
- 2-way communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgment to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor data logging – When sensors do not receive an acknowledgment from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the Leap Sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable industrial over-the-air radio communication
- Industry-standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “hand-shake” acknowledgments of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over-the-air protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
- Battery – user-replaceable 3.0C or 3.6V batteries.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
- See the Leap Sensors gateway page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options page for more detailed information.
- Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit data to a gateway*.
- Gateway can support over 250 sensors that are in range. (Additional gateways can extend sensor coverage.)
- The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
- User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 25 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.
Prices, Quotes, Questions...
Need a price or quote? Have questions? Want to talk to an expert? Need a custom solution?
Ideal for these processes:
- Silicon wafer processing
- Scientific experiments
- Paint and coatings curing
- Temperature profiling over a surface