Wireless Sensor Gateway – Cellular Connection
Leap Gateway Overview
The Leap Wireless Sensor Gateways receive the data (over the air) from the Leap Wireless Sensors. The gateway then passes the data to user interface software. Each gateway can support 250 Leap Wireless Sensors.
The user interface software is web-based – so the user logs into the password protected software using any standard web browser, such as Chrome.
For server-based user interfaces (or cloud based systems), the user interface is hosted on a server and the user logs into the server using a standard internet browser.
Gateway Cellular-Connection Version Specifications
This cellular-connected Leap Gateway is especially nice because it does not require a connection to a local area network.
- Connects to cellular network. (Contact us for options)
- Gateway Power – 1 Amp wall transformer connected to the Leap Gateway with a standard barrel jack
- Web-based server user interface:
- Operating Temperature: -20C to 85C.
Gateway Functionality and Data Reliability
- 2-Way Communication – the gateway can pass information to the sensor
- All successful sensor transmissions are acknowledged by the gateway with an “ACK” message indicating that the gateway received the data and a good CRC check on the data.
- If a wireless sensor does not get an acknowledgement from the sensor, then the sensor will store the data to its memory and will try to send the data at the next transmit interval. Sensors can store 10,000 readings.
- Gateways can send firmware upgrades to sensors.
- Gateways can update configuration data to sensors – such as sensor sampling time intervals and sensor transmit time intervals – after a sensor transmission is received.
- Data Storage
- Server-based systems will have sensor data storage based on the server database capability.
- Data Reliability
- All data is encrypted from the sensor and through the gateway. Sensor data is decrypted only at the final user database.
- If the gateway loses connection with a server that is passing the data to, then the gateway will store up to 1,000,000 readings until the connection is re-established.
- Multiple Gateways and Roaming Sensors
- Multiple gateways may be used in systems that cover a wide area.
- Leap Wireless Sensors may “roam” between the different gateways. Unlike most wireless system, Leap Sensors do not need to be assigned on only one gateway.
Customized Gateway Communication to Legacy Servers
Leap Gateways are easy to integrate with legacy IT systems. A powerful on-board computer can be customized to send the data (via cellular network) to a server of your choice.
High-Value Features Unique to the Leap Wireless Sensor Product Line
These sensors are a true leap advancement in IoT industrial wireless sensing.