Leap Sensors are specially designed to adapt to your specific needs. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Wireless Vibration Sensor / Accelerometer – Specifications
A change in vibration is an excellent predictor of impending industrial equipment failures. Rather than doing a vibration analysis every few months, continually monitor equipment vibration with a fast and easy-to-install Leap industrial wireless vibration sensor.
Vibration Sensor Specifications
- Vibration sensor can mount with the provided magnet or threaded stud.
- Vibration sensor is connected to the transceiver node with a shielded cable.
- An industrial communication protocol allows long cables (if needed) between the sensor and wireless transmitter.
- 3 axis g-force reading taken.
- G-force readings up to +/- 16 G.
- Accelerometer operating temperature: -40 to 85C.
- On-board storage for 174762 sets of 3-axis (x, y, z) g-force samples with 12 bits of resolution.
- Data is typically processed by a powerful onboard microprocessor using FFT algorithms. Processed vibration analysis is then sent to the radio transmitter.
- Typical Sampling and Analysis (can be adjusted to each application).
- Accelerometer is checked every 15 minutes.
- Each axis is sampled at 1 KHz. (Up to 5 KHz sampling available, if needed).
- Samples are taken for 3 seconds.
- Average and maximum g-force readings are reported for each axis.
- Advanced Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) edge computing available
- Sensor has a powerful microprocessor and large memory to take vibration samples and process the data at the sensor.
- Configurable High G-force Event – Instant Wake-up and Transmit function – optional.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Transmission Distance to a gateway – typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Battery Life – 5 to 10 years in typical applications.
- Different enclosures are available to balance battery size and battery life.
- Rugged Sensor Enclosure
- Sealed all-metal enclosure with mounting flanges. 2.44 x 1.33 x 4.73 inches
- Sensor Mounting Options
- Screw mount flanges standard.
- Magnetic mount – optional.
- High Operating Temperature – Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- *Accelerometer is limited to 85C (185F).
- *Amp clamp is limited to -20C to 50C (-4F to 120F).
- 2-way Communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgement to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Data Logger: When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board (up to 10,000 readings) until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable Industrial Over the Air Radio Communication
- Industry-standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “handshake” acknowledgements of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over the Air Protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data Security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
- See the Leap Sensors gateway page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options page for more detailed information.
- Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit data to a gateway*.
- Gateway can support over 250 sensors that are in range. (Additional gateways can extend sensor coverage.)
- The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
- User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 30 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Critical motor monitoring
- HVAC wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Blower wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Conveyor wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Grinder wireless sensor motor monitoring
- Motor predictive maintenance wireless sensor