Leap Sensors are specially designed to easily adapt to your specific needs. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Thermowell Sensor Specifications
LBI0-xT04 – 4″ probe, LBI0-xT05 – 6″ probe, LBI0-xT06 – 12″ probe. x=number of thermowells.
- PT100, 3 wire, Class A w[0.15 +0.002 |t|] °C
- Sensiong Range: -50 to 300°C, (-58 to 572°F)
- Response Time: 7 seconds, 63% of a 25 to 77°C step change (ASTM E1137)
- RTD element encased in alumina powder insulation provides excellent vibration dampening and heat transfer
- Stainless steel probe
- Connection Head
- Cast aluminum NEMA 4X, IP66 screw cover head with captive gasket
- One turn cover removal & installation eliminates cross threading and saves time
- 3/4 NPT conduit opening with internal stop to prevent over- tightening and installation damage
- Gripping ribs on cover edge
- Stainless steel cover chain
- Ceramic terminal base
- Brass terminals with stainless steel screws eliminate the need to wrap connections around screws
- Elevated terminal block for easy wire termination
The Leap wireless sensor electronics can be integrated with a wide range of PT100 3-wire thermowells.
Contact Us to integrate an application-specific thermowell with the Leap Sensors wireless system.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Transmission distance to gateway: typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Rugged sensor enclosure
- IP68 enclosure rated to 120C. Panel connectors and glands rated to IP68. Power switch with LEDs rated to IP66.
- Rugged polycarbonate composite enclosure. UL 94 V0 rated, flame-resistant and self-extinguishing.
- 4.4 x 3.2 x 3.4 in (113 x 80 x 90 mm), not including optional mounting feet.
- Mounting options
- See all enclosure mounting options.
- Optional mounting feet may be installed horizontally or vertically.
- Enclosure may also be mounted with screws directly to surface.
- Magnetic mount option.
- Cable connection options
- Standard: Metal IP68 cable glands seal cables to the enclosure. Industrial spring terminal blocks connect the cable to sensor board.
- Optional: M8 or M5 panel connector and cable: Molded M8 or M5 cable connects panel connector to sensor.
- Cable length may be shortened in the field if desired.
- More information here.
- Industrial power switch: Latching push button. IP66 rated.
- Bi-color LEDs integrated into the power switch blink to provide user feedback on sensor functions.
- Long-range antenna inside the enclosure: Keeps the total footprint small and prevents damage to the antenna.
- High operating temperature: Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- 2-way communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgement to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor data logging: When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board (up to 10,000 readings) until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable industrial over-the-air radio communication
- Industry-standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “handshake” acknowledgement of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over-the-air protocol: Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data security: “gold standard” internet security with AES encryption.
- FCC certified.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
- See the Leap Sensors gateway page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options page for more detailed information.
- Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit data to a gateway*.
- Gateway can support over 250 sensors that are in range. (Additional gateways can extend sensor coverage.)
- The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
- User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 30 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Tank temperatures
- Flowing liquid temperatures