Leap Sensors are specially designed to easily adapt to your specific needs. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Wireless Temperature Probe Sensor Specification
Heavy duty wireless temperature probe is ideal for monitoring the heating and cooling of meat & poultry products.
- 4″ long probe is 3/16″ diameter needle that reduces to 0.15″ at the tip.
- Temperature range from -40 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rapid response time of 5 seconds in liquid.
- Polyurethane outer jacket, protective up to 176F and the handle is rated to 300F.
- 48-inch coiled cable (retracts to 12 inches) with polyurethane outer jacket: ideal for heavy-duty immersion or insertion needs when durability and strength are needed.
- Option for dual temperature probes to monitor two different areas at once.
This wireless sensor can also integrate with any thermocouple probe with a standard mini-bladed thermocouple connector.
Overall Temperature Accuracy
Please note that the overall temperature accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is connected to the Leap Sensor. Since the thermocouple is typically selected by the end-user, an overall accuracy of the final system cannot be stated. Below is information on the accuracy of the Leap electronics and additional general information on the accuracy of thermocouples.
Thermocouples are popular in many industrial applications due to their wide variety and wide temperature range. They are not highly accurate and are typically used for monitoring applications and not for precision temperature measurements. For higher accuracy temperature measurements, see the Leap RTD temperature sensors.
Thermocouple Electronics Specifications
- Electronics reads from
- K-Type: -150C to 1300C*.
- S-Type: -10C to 1600C
- B-Type: -300 to 1800C
- Other types – contact us
- Resolution is 19-bit or 0.0078125C.
- Electronics accuracy is:
- Typical: +/- 2C from -150C to 200C
- Typical: +/- 1% of full scale from 200C to 1300C.
*Overall accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is used. See more information below.
Standard K-Type Thermocouple Sensor Specifications
Other thermocouple types are available.
- Connect a K-type thermocouples using standard miniature flat pin connectors. (See photos.)
- Connectors come with protective rubber boot.
Leap Node Thermocouple Electronics Specification
- The Leap Sensor transmitter module (electronics, enclosure, and battery) can operate up to 85C, or 120C by special order.
- Electronics set for K thermocouple range of -150C to 1300C (-238F to 2372)F.
- Standard Type K Accuracy
- Leap Sensor Thermocouples are compensated for non-linear thermocouple characteristics at cold temperatures – to ensure accurate readings at cold temperatures.
- Cold junction compensation is on the Leap Sensor circuit board.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Meat heating and cooling monitoring
- Food processing