Two Thermocouple Wireless Temperature Sensor
Leap Sensors are specially designed to be customized. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Detailed Specifications – Wireless Thermocouple (K-type) Sensor – Two Thermocouples
This highly versatile industrial sensor supports a huge variety of plug-in thermocouple temperature sensors.
Overall Temperature Accuracy
Please note that the overall temperature accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is connected to the Leap Sensor. Since the thermocouple is typically selected by the end-user, an overall accuracy of the final system cannot be stated. Below is information on the accuracy of the Leap Electronics and additional general information on the accuracy of thermocouples.
Thermocouples are popular in many industrial applications due to their wide variety and wide temperature range. Thermocouple sensors are typically used for monitoring applications and not for precision temperature measurements. For higher accuracy temperature measurements, see the Leap RTD temperature sensors.
Thermocouple Electronics Specification
- Electronics reads from -210C to 1800C*.
- Resolution is 19-bit or 0.0078125C.
- Electronics accuracy is +/-0.15%*.
*Overall accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is used. See more information below.
Thermocouple Sensor Specifications
- Connect 2 K-type thermocouples using standard Omega miniature flat pin connectors. (See photos.)
- Connectors come with protective rubber boot.
- Sensors come with basic insulated thermocouples similar to the Omega 5TC series.
- Select your own thermocouple from a huge variety of options. See thermocouple options from Omega.
- Thermocouples have different temperature ratings – but different versions can operate in the range of –454 to 2,300F (–270 to 1260C).
- The Leap Sensor transmitter module (electronics, enclosure, and battery) can operate up to 85C, or 120C by special order.
- Electronics set for thermocouple range of -210C to 1800C (-325F to 3250)F.
- Standard Type K Accuracy – see accuracy details on Omega Thermocouple web site.
- Leap Sensor Thermocouples are compensated for non-linear thermocouple characteristics at cold temperatures – to ensure accurate readings at cold temperatures.
- Cold junction compensation is on the Leap Sensor circuit board.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Glass manufacturing monitoring
- Glass molding monitoring
- Bearing temperature wireless sensor
- Heater monitoring
- Motor temperature monitoring wireless sensor
- Over-heating alerts
- Industrial wireless temperature sensing
- Coolers wireless temperature sensor
- Remote location temperature monitoring
- Temperature alarms – email alerts, text alerts