Using proximity sensors, this wireless sensor counts and timestamps items as they pass by on a conveyor, using the time intervals to monitor downtime. A reset button on the top of the sensor resets the counter to zero. Set custom email, text, and telephone alerts for both the production counter and the downtime timer.
Leap Sensors are specially designed to be customized. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
- Production Line Counter
- Counter increments as each item passes by the sensor.
- Easy to reset using the count-reset button on the top of the enclosure.
- Production Event Timer
- The production event timer reports the time since the previous item passed the proximity sensors.
- Ideal for tracking downtime. (See screenshot of the SensorManager software and Excel file.)
- Timestamps and production count are recorded with the downtime timer records.
- Fast and easy installation.
- Mount proximity sensors and connect the cables to the Leap Sensor enclosure.
- Plug the wall transformer into a wall outlet to power the proximity sensors.
- Wireless transmission of data to the gateway – transmission range of several hundred feet, depending on factory conditions.
- The data may be displayed with the SensorManager software or may be passed from the gateway to a PLC or other plant software.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transmitter Specifications
- Transmission distance to a gateway – typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Sensor node power
- Most Leap sensors are battery-powered, but the proximity sensors for this Leap sensor are powered with a 120V wall transformer.
- Rugged sensor enclosure
- IP 66/IP 68 – 1,2m (2 hours) DIN EN 60529
- Enclosure Material: Polycarbonate UL 94 V0 (material is suitable for outdoor use; f1-listing according to UL 746C)
- PU seal, foamed
- Sensor mounting options
- Adjustable screw mount flanges standard
- Magnetic mount – optional
- High operating temperature – Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- 2-way communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgment to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor Data Logging – When sensors do not receive an acknowledgment from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the Leap Sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable industrial over-the-air radio communication
- Industry-standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “hand-shake” acknowledgments of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over-the-air protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
- One gateway supports up to 250 sensors that are in range. Additional gateways can extend the sensor coverage.
- Battery – user-replaceable 3.6V battery.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
See our Leap Sensors gateways and the Leap Sensors User Interface options for more detailed information.
Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit data to a gateway.* The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server. Gateway can support over 250 sensors.
User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Manufacturing production counts.
- Real-time production line downtime alerts.
- Downtime recording with time of downtime and duration.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 25 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.