These RFID wireless strain sensing data loggers are attached to 1-foot pieces of rebar. They can quickly be tack-welded into a rebar structure before it is embedded in concrete. Use a standard ThingMagic UHF RFID reader to to talk through the concrete to set the logging interval – and wirelessly download your time vs. strain readings at a later date.
Also, the strain readings can be “read now” at any time using the RFID reader.
- RFID strain gauge sensors need no wires or batteries = no maintenance and long life. The concrete structure protects the embedded sensor.
- Can be read through materials, such as concrete, that typically cover structural components. Typical read ranges are roughly a foot with concrete embedded sensors and 3 to 5 feet with on-metal mounted sensors.
- Sensors can easily be installed on-site.
- Strain sensors are temperature compensated.
- Data-logging capability – track and compare for predictive maintenance.
- Each wireless strain gauge sensor has a unique ID# so that many sensors can be read by one reader at the same time.
- Quickly & easily monitor with an off-the-shelf UHF RFID reader.
- Readings are stored to a file so that strain readings can be analyzed in a spreadsheet.
More information and a video demonstration is available on our “Passive RFID Wireless Strain Gauges” informational web page.
RFID Reader Starter Kit is sold separately.