Leap Sensors are specially designed to be customized. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Differential Pressure Sensor Specifications
This sensor measures differential pressures between two barbed ports that are located on the sides of the enclosure.
- Pressure Sensor Range: +/- 2.5 Inches of Water.
- Please contact us if you need a different pressure range or accuracy.
- Pressure Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale.
- Barbed fitting for flexible tube that is 3/32” ID, 7/32 OD, and 1/6” wall thickness
- Alternative 1/4″ metal tube fittings – panel mounted on enclosure
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to +85 °C (-40 °F to +185 °F)
- Pressure measurement range (differential) options:
- 0 to .0.15 psi, 0 to 4.2 in H2O
- Resolution: 0.00002 psi, 0.0005 in H2O
- 0 to 1.00 psi, 0 to 27.7 in H2O
- Resolution: 0.00012 psi, 0.0034 in H2O
- Accuracy at 25C: +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Error band over 0C to 60C: +/- 1.5% of full scale
- Long term stability: +/- 0.5% of full scale
- Proof pressure: 5X full scale
- Burst pressure: 10 psi
- Media compatibility: non-corrosive dry gasses
Leap Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Transmission Distance to a gateway – typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Battery Life – 5 to 10 years in typical applications.
- Different enclosures are available to balance battery size and battery life.
- Rugged Enclosure
- IP67 sealed rugged composite enclosure.
- Sensor Mounting Options
- Screw mount flanges standard.
- Magnetic mount – optional.
- High Operating Temperature
- Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- 2-way Communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Set pressure thresholds to make the warning red LED to blink through the user interface software.
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgment to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor Data Logging – When transceiver nodes do not receive an acknowledgment from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, they will store the time-stamped data on-board until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable Industrial Over-the-Air Radio Communication
- Industry-standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “handshake” acknowledgments of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over-the-Air Protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data Security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
- One gateway support 65 sensor transceiver nodes that are in range. Additional gateways can extend coverage.
- Battery – user-replaceable 3.6V battery.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
See the Leap Sensors gateway products web page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options web page for more detailed information.
Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit their data to a gateway*. This gateway can support over 250 sensors. The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB or Ethernet cable), or on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
User interface supports: logging in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring:
- Filter monitoring
- Exhaust vacuum relative to atmospheric pressure in wafer fab and other manufacturing processes.
- Cleanroom differential pressures between rooms.
- Food processing differential pressures between rooms.
- Exhaust hood vacuum monitoring.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 25 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.