Humidity Wireless Sensor
Leap Sensors are specially designed to be customized. If this isn’t exactly what you need, please contact us.
Humidity Sensor Specification
- Humidity probe accuracy: +/- 1.8%* (10% to 90% RH)*.
- Relative humidity operating range 0 – 100% RH*.
- Relative humidity response time 8 sec (tau 63%)
- Chemical vapors at high concentration in combination with long exposure times may offset the sensor reading.
- *See more detailed accuracy and use specifications below (copied from the SHT25 humidity sensor data sheet).
Leap Wireless Sensor Transmitter Specifications
- Transmission Distance to a gateway – typically 1500 feet in open air. Several hundred feet in an industrial environment.
- Battery Life – 5 to 10 years in typical applications.
- Different enclosures are available to balance battery size and battery life.
- Rugged Sensor Enclosure
- Sealed all-metal enclosure with mounting flanges. 2.44 x 1.33 x 4.73 inches
- Sensor Mounting Options
- Screw mount flanges standard.
- Magnetic mount – optional.
- High Operating Temperature – Standard sensor -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F).
- High operating temperature option available: -40C to 125C* (-40F to 260F). Unique to Leap Sensors.
- 2-way Communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgement to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor Data Logging – When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the gateway that the radio transmission was received, the Leap Sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board until the gateway connection is established.
- Reliable Industrial Over the Air Radio Communication
- Industry standard 802.15.4 with Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS).
- Gateway “hand-shake” acknowledgements of successful transmission and sensor data logging for extra reliability.
- Over the Air Protocol – Standard and established 6LoPan and Thread.
- Data Security – AES encryption. Standard and established TLS security.
- FCC certified.
- One gateways support 250 sensors that are in-range. Additional gateways can extend the sensor coverage.
- Battery – user-replaceable 3.6V battery.
Leap Wireless Sensors Gateway (Receiver) and User Interface Software
See the Leap Sensors gateway products web page and the Leap Sensors User Interface options web page for more detailed information.
Leap Sensors wirelessly transmit their data to a gateway*. This gateway can support over 250 sensors. The gateway then passes the data to the Leap user interface software. The user interface software may be hosted on the gateway (and connected to a PC with a USB cable), on the password-protected Leap Sensors Cloud web site, or an on-site server.
User interface supports: logging-in, set user rights, view sensor data, set email and text alerts (cloud version), graph sensor data, download data to excel, add or subtract sensors, update firmware, and other functions.
*Custom-ordered leap sensors are available with a direct-to-cellular option where no gateway is needed and the data is sent directly to a cloud server. Contact us for more information.
High-Value Features Unique to the Leap Wireless Sensor Product Line
These sensors are a true leap advancement in IoT industrial wireless sensing.
Typical Industrial Wireless Sensor Applications
This wireless sensor is ideal for monitoring: