Leap Sensors are specially designed to be configurable. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Wireless Flood Sensor / Temperature Sensor with Cellular Connection – Specifications
This sensor is ideal for remote locations where only a few sensors will be deployed, and the application requires few transmissions daily.
- No gateway needed as data is transmitted directly via a cellular connection. Because of this, a cloud-based user interface is required (either your own or Leap Sensor Manager).
- Cellular connections require significantly more battery power. In addition, per-transmission cellular charges can become significant if the sensor transmits several times per day.
- Overall temperature accuracy: temperature accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple. Since the thermocouple is typically selected by the end-user, overall accuracy of the final system will depend on these factors.
- See below for information on the accuracy of the Leap electronics and additional general information on the accuracy of thermocouples.
- Thermocouples are available in a wide variety of types and wide temperature range. However, they are not highly accurate and are typically used for monitoring applications. For higher accuracy temperature measurements, see the Leap RTD temperature sensor.
Thermocouple Electronics Specification
- Electronics reads from -210C to 1800C*
- Resolution is 19-bit or 0.0078125C
- Electronics accuracy is +/-0.15%*
*Overall accuracy is a combination of the electronics and the thermocouple that is used. See more information below.
Thermocouple Sensor Specifications
- Sensors come with basic insulated thermocouples.
- Or, select your own thermocouple from a huge variety of options.
- Connect K-type thermocouples using standard miniature flat pin connectors with protective rubber boot (see photos).
- Thermocouples have different temperature ratings – but different versions can operate in the range of –454 to 2,300F (–270 to 1260C).
- Electronics set for thermocouple range of -210C to 1800C (-325F to 3250)F.
- Standard Type K Accuracy
- Leap Sensor thermocouples are compensated on the circuit board for non-linear thermocouple characteristics at cold temperatures to ensure accurate readings at cold temperatures.
- Leap Sensor transceiver node (electronics, enclosure, and battery) can operate up to 85C, or 120C by special order.
Water / Flood Sensor Specifications
- A 2-wire cable connects to two points to detect water between the points.
- Rope sensor option that can cover wide areas. Contact us for more information.
Leap Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Battery Life – 5 to 10 years in typical applications with 2 3.6V C-cells and one transmission per day.
- Note: Sensors may be sampled many times per day – then time-stamped readings may be sent in one packet via the once-a-day cellular transmission.
- Different enclosures are available to balance battery size and battery life.
- 2-way Communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Name the sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, over-the-air firmware updates.
- Gateways send an acknowledgement to the sensor that the data was received for high reliability.
- Sensor Data Logging – When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the cellular network that the radio transmission was received, the sensor will store the time-stamped data on-board until the cellular connection is re-established.
- Data Security – AES encryption.
- FCC certified.
Leap Sensors User Interface Software
User interface software can be hosted on an on-site server, or the Leap SensorManager cloud-based software. Interface supports:
- Logging in
- User rights settings
- Viewing & graphing sensor data
- Data export to Excel or other spreadsheet
- Setting email and text alerts (cloud-based version)
- Adding or removing sensors
- Firmware updates
See the Leap Sensors User Interface options web page for more detailed information.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 25 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption starting with a Password Authenticated Key Exchange (PAKE) and DTLS internet security.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software