Leap Sensors are specially designed to be configurable. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
Factors to Consider with Cellular Sensors
These sensors are ideal for remote locations where only a few sensors will be deployed in remote locations, and the application requires few transmissions daily.
- No gateway needed as data is transmitted directly to software via a cellular connection. Because of this, a cloud-based user interface is required (either your own or Leap Sensor Manager).
- Cellular connections require significantly more battery power. In addition, per-transmission cellular charges can become significant if sensors transmit multiple times per day.
Wireless Sensor Transceiver Node Specifications
- Battery Life of 5 to 10 years in typical applications with 2 3.6V C-cells and one transmission per day.
- Note: Sensors can act as data loggers, sampling multiple times per day with time-stamped readings sent in one packet via once-a-day cellular transmission.
- Different enclosures available: Balance battery size vs. battery life.
- High-reliability 2-way communication with the sensor through the user interface:
- Ability to name sensor, set sensor sampling time interval, set wireless transmit time interval, update firmware – all over-the-air.
- Sensor data logging: When sensors do not receive an acknowledgement from the cellular network that transmission was received, data is stored & time-stamped until the connection is re-established.
- Data Security – AES encryption.
- FCC certified.
Leap Wireless Sensors User Interface Software
User interface software can be hosted on an on-site server, or the Leap SensorManager cloud-based software. Interface supports:
- Logging in
- User rights settings
- Viewing & graphing sensor data
- Data export to Excel or other spreadsheet
- Setting email and text alerts (cloud-based version)
- Adding or removing sensors
- Firmware updates
See the Leap Sensors user interface for more detailed information.
Contact us with the sensors that you need. Most sensor applications supported, including:
And more. In addition, 4-20mA input option adapts to most commercial sensors.
About Leap Sensors®
Better Design – Better Data – Better Decisions™
Based on Phase IV Engineering’s 25 years of wireless sensor experience, Leap is THE system designed from the ground up to meet the specific needs of industrial users. These sensors are a true leap advancement in Industrial IoT wireless sensing.
- Modular design makes it easy & cost-effective to adapt to your specific needs – and update easily for a “future-proof” system.
- Edge computing manages large amounts of data before transmission to software – only get information you need.
- Bank standard data security: Multi-layered Thread network security using AES-128 data encryption.