The Latest Advance in Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
UHF RFID Passive Wireless Strain Gauge Demo Video
Chapters in this Video – Click in the video to move through the chapters
- Strain Sensor Tutorial
- RFID Strain Gauge Theory of Operation (1:20)
- Demonstration: Reading Strain and Temperature (3:23)
- On-Site Zero-Offset Calibration Demonstration (6:25)
- New High-Value Combination of RFID and Strain Sensing (7:49)
About UHF RFID Battery-Free & Wireless Strain Gauges
- RFID strain gauge sensors need no wires or batteries = no maintenance and long life.
- Can be read through materials that typically cover structural components, with read range up to several meters on a metal-mount sensor – ideal for smart bridge applications and Structural Health Monitoring.
- Strain resolution better than 15 u-strain using a standard +/-1000 u-strain sensor.
- Sensors can be installed & calibrated on-site.
- Use on-board temperature sensor for strain gauge temperature compensation, if needed.
- Data-logging capability – track and compare for predictive maintenance.
- Each wireless strain gauge sensor has a unique ID# so that many sensors can be read by one reader at the same time.
- Patents pending.
- Quickly & easily monitor with a standard RFID reader – standard RFID protocol.
- More details on our Data Sheet
Custom Wireless RFID Strain Gauge Options
- Active (battery-powered) strain gauges (strain gages) transmit hundreds of feet. Ultra-long-life batteries make them Practically Battery Free™.
- Battery-Assisted strain data loggers store strain readings over time. Communication with the sensor is done with an RFID reader.
- Energy harvesting strain sensors using solar cells provide long-range sensor transmissions with no battery to maintain.