Custom Solutions Based on Our Wireless Active Sensors
Advantages of Custom Wireless Active Sensors
- Several sensor technology platforms available – your custom sensor is an adaptation of a proven design.
- Available in a wide variety of sizes and shapes. See examples below.
- Multiple radio frequencies available including 433 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz, and 2.4 GHz.
- Battery life of many years make these sensors Practically Battery Free™.
- “Tethered temperature sensors” allow the measurement of extreme temperatures.
- Sensor transmissions include sensor ID and time stamp.
- Long read ranges up to 1500 feet.
- A wide variety of receiver connectivity including: USB, Ethernet, WiFi, RS232, Iridium satellite modem, and others.
- Ideal for harsh environments.
Looking for an off-the-shelf active sensor that’s ready to go? See our Phase IV Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) product family.
Examples of Custom Wireless Active Sensors
“HEATT” Active 915 MHz Frequency-Hopping Sensor Network
- This Phase IV long-range, long-life active sensors was custom-developed to monitor substation equipment for over-heating conditions.
- Long Range – 1500+ feet transmission range.
- Long Battery life – 5 to 10 years when transmitting every 15 minutes.
- Frequency hopping makes the transmissions more immune to radio interference.
- 915 / 868 MHz band.
- Receiver Connectivity: USB or Iridium satellite modem.
- Multiple sensor inputs and types are supported including thermocouple and pressure.
- More details on our Data Sheet
Temperature and Humidity Skin Patch Wireless Sensor
- Ultra small and thin – 1 inch in diameter.
- Flexible – flex-circuit board.
- Dual Temperature Sensors – on top or bottom of patch.
- Humidity + Temperature version.
- High Accuracy of 0.2°F.
- Medium range – 20 to 50 feet.
- Battery life of a few months when transmitting every 10 minutes.
- USB or WiFi receiver.
Miniature 433 MHz Wireless Sensor System
Ideal for medium range sensor transmissions when a small, custom sensor is required. Available with USB or WiFi receiver. Transmission range of ~300 feet in open air.
More details on our Data Sheet.
Electrical Power Distribution Wireless Sensors
Monitor power lines, switch gear, lighting arresters, transformers, and other equipment. Equipment typically heats-up for several months before it fails. Temperature sensors give ample warning to schedule maintenance and avoid an unplanned outage. Long battery life makes these sensors Practically Battery Free™ .
High Sampling Rate (10+ Hz) 2.4 GHz Wireless Sensor System – Coming Soon
This sensor system is ideal when high sampling rates are required. Temperature, pressure, strain, vibration, and more.