RFID Sensors – Ideal for Embedding in Carbon Fiber Structures & Composite Materials
About LF RFID Wireless Sensors for Carbon Fiber and Composite Materials
- Small enough to fit in a composite honeycomb cell – and still be read through the carbon fiber skin.
- LF (low frequency) magnetic waves can penetrate the semi-conductive carbon fiber to read embedded RFID sensors.
- Because the sensors have no battery, they can be embedded and read even years later.
- No battery plus a miniature coiled ferrite antenna also mean that the sensors can be ultra-small.
- Phase IV’s SensIC LF RFID chip has an on-board temperature sensor and a MEMS pressure sensor input.
- Ideal for monitoring the autoclave temperature and vacuum curing process.